Friday, September 5, 2008

Mercy Me ~ I can only imagine

I was sitting outside tonight ~ with my daughter, at the beach resort ~ at the karaoke tiki bar...
it brought back so many vivid memories... and yet, in the same token... a renewed sense of self...

As a little girl began to sing this song "I can only imagine" by Mercy Me...(utube click on right, bottom one)
the tears began to swell...

Quit an emotional moment. One of those moments in time, similiar to that of "peace" ~ a peaceful reflection, of life beyond.

I can honestly, only imagine, what it will be like...

what will my heart feel...
will I stand in your presence?
I can only imagine...

Have you grace me with your glory?
Have you I honored you? Have I worshiped you?

Do I deserve your grace?

What will I see?
What will it be like?

Will I walk by your side?
What will my eyes see?

When your face is before me ~ I will be honored by your glory...

Will I dance for you Jesus?

Will I sing "alleluia"...

Oh, I can only imagine...

When that day comes...
and I find myself standing in the sun...

as I stand now... in the sun...
in the honor of your presence..

on this earth...
in this heaven...

What will my heart feel?

What will my family and friends feel?

Will you bring comfort to their hearts and souls? ~

I can only imagine...
I can only believe...

All that we can only do... is forever worship you.

~it is a beautiful evening here ~ very delightful and pleasant.
My daughter was going to sing her first karaoke song for me... but, unfortunately...it was closing time...

Such a wonderful experience...
outside, under the stars...
with the ocean in view...

Life, can not get any better than this. It truly is the littliest of gestures and the simplier intricacies in life; that mean the most and are cheerished the greatest.

Live your life; one day at a time... enjoying the glory of his grace...
sing alleluia and dance...

for, you can only imagine...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Becky
Be strong...its what we have left to offer.
I read alot of blogs and get very depressed by the pain and suffering that everyone else seems to go through...I dont seem to consider what I have been through as being in the same vein...not as important, not as bad, even though I know you and I and many others are fighting the same battle.
Live large...as you are, damn the long term! Live AND LOVE for today!
We have a different outlook, those like us, and by god that is not a bad thing...
Thinking of you and your little girl.....she really does love you!!!!
Johnny

Carver said...

That sounds like a wonderful time with your daughter. I love the photograph of you in the post under this one. You are as ever in my thoughts and heart, Carver

Unknown said...

there's no such thing as 'closing time' in a karaoke bar...

tell your daughter, that's just singing 'without accompaniment'!

good to hear your vacation is going well...