Friday, September 12, 2008

Melissa

*I wanted to post this for you to read. Please feel free to contact Melissa or leave any responses for her. Melissa can be reached privately at: dr.doolittle1@sbcglobal.net Thank you soooo much! *

Hi Becky. Read your blog. I hope you will read this.
From: "Melissa"




Hi Becky,I am crying while reading your bio and thinking what an inspiration you are to me. Im feeling guilty that I worry so much about getting a melanoma metastasis while you are facing it yourself. I crave for your attitude and the POWER of YOU. How did you get it???? My brain is my worst enemy and I have been struggling for YEARS to change my thought pattern. I cant seem to get rid of it. No matter how hard I try. I am actually a very postitive person when it comes to everything but myself. I too believe everyone has a purpose in life. I found mine thru having cancer. I am thankful for that. I believe everyone you meet is to teach you something. Is there anything you can teach me??? I am 38. Married and have a toddler. I live life each day as it is my last. I constantly worry about death and dying from cancer. I have nightmares every night. I dont like to talk about the future in fear that I wont be here for it. I hate living this way. Its such a lonely existance........ Every day I am poisoning my body with my toxic thoughts.... I want to be like YOU..... I feel HORRIBLE for asking you for some guidence with what you are going through. I hate whining when someone else is going thru something so much worse than me. I stuff all my emotions and no one really understands the road I have been down. Its been a long one.....not just cancer. I had open chest surgery to remove a mass in my chest 4 years ago which was thought to be melanoma that had spread. It was actually a pre-cancerous mass but the surgery was so hard on my body that I developed Lupus and a blood clotting disorder that causes strokes & heart attacks. I am on immuno-suppressants for the lupus and sometimes I feel really sick. So, I guess I have a lot on my plate which contributes to my fear of dying... I understand that you probably dont have the time to give me some tips. But, maybe you could lead me in the right direction to heal...... I just cant figure out how to do it on my own. Huge hugs,Melissa

*Melissa and I have just begun corresponding. I know, that I recieve many private messages, and I do try to respond to them all. I can only tell you, from the heart, much like, you tell me; how you are feeling at the moment, how I feel in reply. I do believe that we are all here to help each other and one another. Encounters are not chance ~ believe in that and believe in yourself.
As always... Stay Strong... and Live even stronger!

No comments: