Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dog Gone Wig!



Dog Gone Wilde! ~

I can't believe what I just came across ~ but then, I guess that it really shouldn't shock or suprise me all that much. I thought that I had heard and seen it all ~ but, it just goes to show ~ you learn something new everyday! :)
They are making wigs for dogs. Yes, wigs for dogs. Seriously. Not for any particular reason either ~ just for fun.
I just got to thinking, that perhaps my sister was right ~ maybe it wouldn't be so bad to wear a wig ~
While I was at my oncologist office yesterday the girls were giving me alot of cool advice ~ on what to expect as far as my hair loss and re-growth... sharing what other's chemo patients have done. They then gave me several books to bring back home ~ and upon leafing through them... I really felt alot better. There are some really nice headbands and scarves, and even, yes, dare I say it ~ wigs.
I have always loved long hair ~ long blonde hair ~ long dark brown hair ~ and you know what? this would give me the freedom to try them both. I just may, finally get to be that blonde or that brunette ~ or, what about that red-head?!
Hey, I'm just trying to get my "head" ~(pun intended!) wrapped around this whole idea of the concept of "baldness". I know, I know... it's only hair.
I'm up for suggestions!
*************************************************************
As for my appointment yesterday... blood work and urine samples were taken. I have an ultrasound of the kideny's scheduled early next week and a bone scan scheduled as well. She wants to rule kidney infection/problems out and as well, spread to the bones.
Overall, she advised I continue to take the pain med's ~ and as many may be unaware ~ with pain med's comes the need for laxatives ~
hey, now... I never said that sharing wasn't a part of my blog!
I figure, If I truly want to bridge the gap ~ I've got to be honest. There is no way to sugar coat the cause/effect of cancer ... symptoms and diagnosis.
Speaking of sugar ~ last time I was doing treatments... I had a terrible reaction to anything sweet ... so, yes... I've got negative conotations associated with sweets and treatments... so please... please... no sweets near me... if you come to visit!!! Thanks!!! I know, each treatment is different. I know. But, it's that mental association...
I have yet to hear from the NIH about my cell growth... I, and many other's are continuing to cheer them on! GO Cells, GO! (mega gazzillions)!!!!
My onc and I had a nice conversation yesterday. A nice, truthful conversation. Realistic. Which, is what I want and need these days. I had a feeling that she was well aware of my new "lump" ~ growth several months ago... and she confirmed it... she said it is now called a "mass" ~ she mentioned that she thought so several months ago... but wanted me to wait to find out when I got to the NIH. She has mentioned that I have already beaten the odds ~ and that was good. She also took a look at the protocol, etc. for the TIL and said it looked like a rough one; with alot of side effects/and medicines to treat those side effects.
She was happy though, that I had found yet, another treatment to try. She knows that I am very optimistic and hopeful; yet, she as well realizes that I am realistic... so... she told me... her professional opinion...
basically, due to the nature of the placement of my largest tumor and past given results/treatments/surgeries, etc... and the continued growth and spread of my disease, which is accelerating... a bit quicker than when I was first initially dx ~ she thinks that if this treatments doesn't work ~ I may have about 6 months to a year. Ok ~ ok ~ don't get all freaked out ~ and worried on me...
This is news to everyone. But, honesty, is what I asked for. I think, that deep down... when I got my latest news from the NIH ~ I already had a feeling... that something greater was going on... my instincts since the beginning have been right, on just about every issue. Now, I'm not saying... that I'm sticking to this theory ~ with diffinativeness; yet, I am holding onto it, with truthfullness ~ and frankness; with knowing, the "reality" ~ within a realm that seems so surreal.
Am I hopeful ~ absolutely. Will I continue to fight ~ you bet your sweet patutie!!! But, there are things in my life ~ that even thought, I may not be able to completely control... I can at least... plan for. So yes... I am planning. If I get to go beyond that time... it is a blessing, indeed.
I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me... I never have. That was never my intention ~ from the onset of this blog. It was just a means... a forumn... for discussion ~ a sort of "placement" of sorts... for my thoughts, feelings, and emotions. Will it serve the greater good? Hopefully, mine... yes... peace of mind. And, for family... a peace of me.