Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life is short: Eat Chocolate!



Unbelievable. Unbelieveable, is all I can say! Ok, so, we found out that Florida's Mall had an M & M's store... needless to say... since we have never been to one, or seen one, we were excited and curious to venture off.
I have never seen soooo much chocolate candy. Candy coated in every imaginable color of the rainbow! And, although my all time favorite color is dark blue; I have been having a tendancy to sway to aqua. Hence, the aqua shirt that I wore this evening to the event!
Naturally, I choose an array of my most recent colors ~ dark blue, aqua, red, and brown. I'm not even sure, where or why these four colors have become so significant to me.
Regardless ~ everyday brings about something new.
Today must have been a chocolate day. After the M & M store we ventured off to the Godiva store ~ for my all time favorite chocolate cup filled with red raspberries. Usually, I get these after my flight to the NIH (National Cancer Institute). Since, I will not be flying next week to Md I just couldn't resist ~ it has become my new tradional ritual ~
Next stop... Dylan's candy shop! Everything imaginable can be found in this all in one stop! Upon meandering around, I came across a shirt which simply stated: Life is short: Eat Chocolate!
Wow ~ I couldn't have expressed it any better or simplier. Chocolate. Another of Life's simplier pleasures.
*************************************
We are having a wonderful time ~ on vacation and enjoying each other's company. We will be heading back to the beach ~ which, I am sincerely looking forward to. Yes, it is a great feeling... being able to enjoy life.
*************************************
I had almost forgot to mention ~ while I was on the boardwalk at the beach several days ago, enjoying an ice-cream, the view, my daughter's company, and the breeze... a middle aged gentleman in a wheelchair made his way over to speak to us. It was obvious that he had some speech impediments, yet; he was very skilled and determined to converse.
He began to express his unhappiness with life ~ and his unfortunate circumstance. He was struck by a drunk driver in his teenage years and his father had passed to cancer. I felt compelled to express my thoughts... and assure him, that life was a blessing.
He continued to tell me, that he was alone and that he had never set foot in the sand. Unimaginable. Simply unimaginable. He was less than ten feet from the sandy beach and shore and had never experienced the sand beneath his feet or the water rushing over his toes.
I had hoped to helped this gentleman... but unfortunately, I was unable. There were, needless to say; many people around. None of whom, offered to aide. I can't say, that I didn't try; because, I did.
At times, I am appauled by behavior; and yes, that includes my own. It truly takes alot to step out of the "character of normalacy" ~ that is to say... societies percieved inhibitions.
The Power of: YOU ~ is a self-emplorement. A self-empowerment, that is meant for the greater good ~ of all.
If you ask me; "normalacy", simply is a state of controlled mind. Going beyond the boundaries... now, that is what I call... an act of kindness and graciousness.
***************************
Find it in The Power of: YOU ~ to make a difference. To go beyond boundaries. (and don't forget: Life is short: Eat Chocolate!)

4 comments:

Carver said...

I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate so it's handy that it has lots of antioxidants. I love excuses to do what I want to.

I'm so glad you are having a good vacation. I have looked through your posts and beautiful photographs. You are as ever in my thoughts, Carver

Carrie said...

M&Ms make the world go 'round!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying your vacation trip.

Anonymous said...

You know how I like M&Ms... Wild Thing xoxox