Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Magic Kingdom



Good Day Everyone!

I hope that your weekend went well! :)

I have finally gotten some sleep!!! I have decided... not to "fight" against the pain ~ and worry about sleep. So, I suppose, I may be keeping some odd ball hours. It's late ~ Sunday night. So quiet and peaceful. I can hear the crickets outside.
It is starting to get a bit "chilly and nippy" here, something which, I am not looking forward to. The seasons are once again upon us ~ about to change, much like the season of our lives.
I've had quit an amount of time to think ~ and I'm not so sure that allowing my mind to wonder is such a good idea (lol)...
I've been fortunate ~ indeed ~ in my life. I never really "struggled"; per-say, as much as others. I have never known what it is like to not have the basic necessities in life: food, water, and shelter.
I often think of the vast world ~ with it's wide array of cultures ~ and human beings. Entities, put on this earth ~ under the same stars; yet often, of great distinction.
I enjoyed reading the humanitarian book that my friend recently sent me. Thank You. It is a reminder, that nothing small ever goes un-noticed or without want or warrant.
I often think back upon my life ~ and have thought ~ there were so many things that I wanted to do, that I should have done, and that I would yet, like to do. I have regrets, yes. But no doubt that the road my life has taken ~ had a purpose. I had wished that I had fallen my heart and joined the peace core shortly after high school and not bothered with college, life, family, kids... I often wonder where I would be today? Would I have been more humble than now?
I'm not sure, that I believe that I have lived up to the great expectations of a humanatarian. I am beginning to see... that all the material possessions, wants, and needs that I had set for myself ~ were frivolous. Perhaps I got lost in the "rat race" of life and time.
It's odd how now, I see opposing sides. Things that I once sought so animately, have all but not become mere mis-conceptions of belief. If I could do it all over again... I would. I would have followed my heart.
It is never to late ~ to late to make change. To late to make peace or amends. First, you must find it within yourself ~
I have been recieving such wonderful advice ~ from some great friends; and I am ~ coming to a greater peace within my life. Selfless acts ~ increase faith and gain hope.
We are all ~ by far ~ capable of giving ourselves ~ for a greater good. It is truly enlightening.
What we seek in this life, may not always be what we have expected to recieve.

Be sure to be good not only to other's, but yourself as well ~ belief in yourself can be magical, indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i've learned from you, to believe in myself, and the Power of YOU.