Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Traveling Cancer


It is time to take a look at a Cancer diagnosis in a different light. The pendalum swings... to a different beat. Although traveling cancer usually refers to "metastises", or spread of disease; it can be an ironic state. I have found, that finding a "play on words" or "puns" has really helped. I enjoy my most recent thought, that "I am not living with cancer" but that "cancer is living with me".
I am taking Cancer to new heights. It is NOT taking me. I am going to live and cancer is along for the ride! Traveling Cancer is a concept that I have been long trying to grasp. Today, of all days... The Power of: YOU has found that play. I have been questioned by many terminal cancer patients with relatively short periods of time left; "what do I do now"? "where do I go from here"? I am humbled when asked, yet; out of what others may believe to be "sheer madness" ~ I have stated: to what you love best. Many of my responses involve the want and need to take trips. Trips to visit family or friends. Trips to bound husband and wife, trips to make lasting memories. The Power of: YOU ~ already knows... where your heart lies. YOU know that your path is destined to Travel.
Travel releases our inhibitions. Travel expands our horizons. Travel brings adventure and light into our lives. Cancer patients have a need to be "freed". To leave behind all thoughts of the disease. Travel provides an amazing open adventure and forum; a disguise. Traveling Cancer; or Traveling with Cancer; puts YOU in control ~ at your speed. You decided when to relax, when to enjoy, and when to proceed. YOU explore life abound. The simpliest of pleasures are heightened by sheer delight.
"Cancer Travels" ~ and The Power of: YOU ~ working toward the attainment of life's natural end and joy. To travel. Plain and simple. To free yourself from thought of this disease. To bring peace, solace, and joy. The natural beauty of the world around, is a natural escape. A freedom. The open road, to doors that will never be closed.
Take your cancer on the road! The Power of: YOU ~ already knows... the answer to the inevitable question... "what do I do?" "where do I go"? ~ HIT THE OPEN ROAD!
HOPEFULLY, in the future, The Power of: YOU will be able to help start a foundation to fund a terminal cancer patients last Traveling wish "~ Traveling Cancer's Cure~"

No comments: