Sunday, July 20, 2008

NEWLY DIAGNOSED CANCER PATIENTS


This is my mother, Donna and I at our first Relay for Life! An overwhelming experience, indeed. When I was diagnosed in March 2006 at stage III with Malignant Metastatic Melanoma ~ I was, to say the least, shocked. Devastated. Mortified. Numb. Upset. Sad. To name but a few. I know what it is like to be a newly diagnosed cancer patient. It seems, that this stage of your diagnosis and disease ~ is bitter and overwhelming. It's hard to know where to turn, at any given point in your diagnosis.
It took me almost 2 years... 2 years of denial... before I started to truly recognize and accept my fate. I wish, that I had found someone to talk too; to share my feelings... who completely understood. Someone who could relate to the fears ~ the battles, the treatments, the side-effects, the emotional roller-coaster ride, and so much more.
I want to help make a difference. So, I am asking YOU: my reader's. If you know of anyone at all, at any stage of any type of cancer who would like some help or words of advice ~ to contact me.
I continue to truly enjoy the private e-mails and mailed greeting cards. In all honesty ~ I am touched by each undaunting story. I'd love to share ~ It can be anonomous or forthecoming.
I would like to help in anyway ~ on any level. I would also like the Power of:YOU ~ my reader's to assist. I would like to share stories, thoughts, reflections, poems, prose, photo's, etc... from those in need.
Reaching out ~ has truly been a grave blessing in disguise for me. It has been a powerful tool in the healing process. To know ~ that soo many individual's ~ unconditionally care ~ give's me flare!!!
There is healing power ~ in the Power of: YOU. Without a doubt.

I have recieved many questions about treatment options, end of life decisions, and in general ~ heartwarming, emotional stories.
It has truly aided me ~ in my path of self-discovery and reflection. I too, hope ~ to be able to do the same for any other. The forum for healing ~ is within you.

Please forward all messages, comments, opinions, stories, thoughts, questions, to Summerbead69@yahoo.com. Please specify if I may post your query. I would like this blog, to be a forum ~ for all. For Cancer Patients, to help themselves heal; and for all reader's to help each other and one another.
If I can not find an answer... I'm sure, that someone will! If you are simply looking for a "listening ear" ~ by all means... I welcome you. Let's help one another ~ face this battle ~ and forever livestrong.
together, we can change the adage:
"I'M NOT LIVING WITH CANCER ~ to : CANCER IS LIVING WITH ME"

1 comment:

Carver said...

Dear Becky,

Great picture of you and your mother. You are such a caring person and I respect the way you reach out to others. As ever, Carver