Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"The simplier life"

Aahhh, what a life! "The simplier life" ~ a dog's life...



If we could all just take a few moments to s...l...o...w... down. Slow down and enjoy some of the simplier things in life.
I have enjoyed, immensely, all of the recent photo's and depiction's of "the other side of life"; as viewed by YOU.
I know, that many of my reader's are struggling with many different issues in their lives. I hope that we can learn from these experiences, through a network of sharing, caring, outreach, and growth. A community of Love and Support. That is what The Power of: YOU is all about! YOU have the power to help heal; not only yourselves, but other's as well, in the process.
I thought it appropriate to post this picture at this particular time. It is a photo of one of my cousin's four dogs ~ yes, I said 1 of 4!!! I know, that they have been of great joy and comfort for her throughout all of her trials and tribulations in life.
I would also like to dedicate a memorial for my brother-in-laws and good friends passing. Although they both have had different losses due to cancer, they are one in the same in the hearts of all. My brother-in-law had noticed alot of weight loss in his canine companion of 17 years ~ The doctors had thought it was related to issues with his spleen. Unfortunately, once Shadow was on the operating table, Pancreatic Cancer was found. It was a very difficult moment for Chris and my sister. They choose to have Shadow put to sleep; so as not to have to endure the pain and treatments.
"Cancer does not discriminate" ~ absolutely not. This is a statement that I heard a surgeon say, who had recently been diagnosed with cancer. Cancer is an unfortunate disease. One that takes it toll on all family members.
This dedication is as well, for the loss and passing of my friend Sherri's father, who fought Cancer for so many years. The other side of life, in effect has choosen to take so many wonderful people; family, friends, and pets. It does not discriminate.
I can only hope that all who are dealing with the loss of a be-loved, that you find peace and comfort in the moments of the "simplier life". We reach out to YOU ~ in your moment of need.
Take comfort in knowing, that you are not alone. You are forever in our hearts and soul.

No comments: