Friday, July 18, 2008

Quote of the Day

"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that can not be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~Arthur Golden~ Memoirs of a Geisha


~This photo was taken at a very difficult time in my life; when there was, indeed, much adversity. The winds were strong ~ and I, like the flock of birds, stood steadfast and headstrong! The Power of: YOU can rise above all adversity. It can not take away ~ that which and who you are. It is a very powerful source. Use it, to tap into your inner-self.
~This moment in time, helped me write and publish my very first poem. A proud accomplishment. One, that I had sought to obtain for so many years, yet, had been given to me and through me ~ because of adversity!
See yourself for who you really are. Seek to obtain, but, do not be torn by remedial plight.
~Your best attributes are invaluable. Embrace them ~ "for the winds and tides of time, will forever chime" ~ Rebecca Luker ~ Collected Whispers

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Great photo and wonderful words.

Carver said...

Beautiful post and photograph Becky. You are as ever in my thoughts, Carver

SimplyStu said...

I know you have had the video "Please see your dermatologist" on your site for some time now, but I keep pointing people to it. What a great way to show people the importance of seeing your doctor! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.