Tuesday, July 8, 2008

no words of wisdom~silent reflection





On occasion ~ things in Life, happen. It's hard to juggle and struggle with many emotional issues ~ let alone add cancer into the equation. I have been rather "emotional" lately. The loss of my newest friend has been difficult. There have been many lives lost to cancer. It is often overwhelming. I often, need to take a break. I often, need to share. I often, need silence.

In the midst of many personal issues ~ I have recieved great comfort from your kind thoughts, words, and greeting cards. I have been touched. I have been lost. I have been alive.

I have heard so many stories of loved ones, lost in the fight. It's hard for one to not truly think about this issue.

I am going to see my local oncologist tommorrow and I imagine, that it has brought upon much anxiety. I will hopefully get the results of an mri that I had done to my pelvis and leg. I have become a bit over cautious and zealous with my will to survive. I can not sit idly by.

I have been unable to sleep much. I have been having terrible dreams about my upcoming chemo treatments; sickness and loss of hair. It is overwhelming and at times, surreal. My life, revolves around one main goal: to stay alive.

I am, as I say ~ very optimistic and hopefull. But, I am, too ~ only human.

We are all, only human. We must take our good days, alongside the bad.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You will get through chemo...If I can anyone can!
The worry before hand is worse than the reality while you are in it!