Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"IM NOT LIVING WITH CANCER; CANCER IS LIVING WITH ME!"

THE NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE
NCI-NIH
THE NATIONAL HEALTH INSTITUTE
Bethesda, MD
My home away from home. The patient building at the NIH. "Building 10". Where patients from all over the world travel to. It's a wonderfully enriching environment. The Doctor's, nurse's, staff, and patients are very friendly, and uplifting. I've met some very nice and inspiring individual's on my many trips to the institute.
The recent trip went well. I am happy to say; "there is no further sign of cancer progression". We are aware that there is a small, minute, amount of tumour left in my pelvis from the recent surgery; and, until it grows large enough for a ct scan to show a "measurable-sign" of disease... I am at on a "wait-and-see"... stance. I had another mole removed ~ via my request. I shall get those biopsy results in about 2 weeks. Otherwise... I wait. The good news: I did have the "right tumour cell markers" for a variety of treatment options. So, when it is time... I will be able to be treated by the NIH. That is always re-assuring.
I have come back home, with great HOPE. I have always believed that I had a greater purpose ~ I believe, that WE are all meant for a greater purpose. It just may not be visible to you or I now. You must always be willing to take a new approach and outlook on LIFE. You must always be looking for the inheritantly good in all. Staying optimistic, hopefull, and having faith ~ these are all attributes, that will help get you through your journey.
One small act of random kindess leads upon, to another, and yet another. I believe that You have the Power to influence a great vastness of people. Each and every one of us, is capable of making a difference in the live's of another.
I believe that you should:
"ASPIRE TO INSPIRE"
~make a concisous effort to obtain geniune happiness through your own beliefs of inspiration.
Use your talents and skills to help other's aspire within their lives.
You have the power to change, not only yourself... but each and every one of us.
This week, has taught me something very valuable. I have been thinking alot about the idea and concept of living with cancerous tumours that can spread at any time...
I was then thinking about the phrase that we all too often see and hear: "LIVING WITH CANCER"..
it boggled and bothered me... I just couldn't accept that phrase...
so, the more I thought about it... the more I came to realize...
"I'M NOT LIVING WITH CANCER; CANCER IS LIVING WITH ME!"
We are Living. Living and making a difference. I believe that you have the power to find your happiness. Seek what you Love and Enjoy doing. Stop waiting. Life is here, NOW.

1 comment:

Carver said...

I am so glad to hear that your NCI appointments went well and the scans didn't show any further progression. That's GREAT!

Excellent post and I like the idea that it's not about living with cancer but it's about living.

Take care, Carver