Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Say"




"Say what you need to say"... "say what you need to say"...


~ a familiar lyric with a repeatative verse ~


All too often, I have found, that I have not been honest and fortheright with many. Mainly, because, I am, in general ~ very sensitive to the feelings of others. I often, have left many topics and/or issues "go" ~ out of fear. I am not one, that feels the need or desire to debate. I am one, who enjoys a soft, quiet conversation. Relative calm. I am one, who enjoys peace.

I have come to find, that many emotions and feelings have been bottled through the course of the years... due to my own neglect.

Had I changed earlier, in life... would I be percieved as I am now? Or, does everyone simply believe that I have become stark raving mad? Is is attributed to the cancer diagnosis?

I can say, without a doubt ~ that Cancer has "freed-me" ~ it has helped clear my thoughts on not only a concious, but uncouncious level as well.

There have been many words, left unuttered. Some good, some bad, some indifferent.

Imagine ~ if the Power of:YOU ~ were strong enough to take hold and control of your "true-self". If you could let all inhibibitons go... If you could just "say what you need to say"... "say what you need to say"...

It is liberating. It can be exilerhating, it can be existing, it can be exciting, it can be excrusiating! It can, and most definately will... cause trouble, and stir unwavering emotions. We have been denied. We have learned to "hide" our true thoughts, emotions, and feelings. And, at who's expense? Ultimately, our very own.

Next time, you find yourself ~ thinking of other's, take a moment, to think of yourself. Be honest ~ with who and what you are. "Say... what you need to say"... You never know, what may come your way.

No comments: