Saturday, December 27, 2008

Peace and Love

I know that many of you are still quit busy from the Christmas Season and in preperation for the New Year; however, I wanted to continue with my posts to keep you informed of my progress. I am still at the NIH recieving IV infusions of the antibiotic for my infection. They are bringing in a hyptnotist on Monday to see if there is a possibility to help get me out of here sooner.
I've never been to one ~ so, we shall see what happens. The antibiotics are required to run until Jan. 2 ~ so, it seems as though, I just may be spending the New Year here.
Ok ~ ok ~ I know that I shouldn't be complaining, I truly have had a wonderful opportunity at the gift of life with this treatment. All of your comments, thoughts, prayers, vibes, etc. are ALWAYS more than welcome! Thank YOU!
I know that there are still many of you waiting your opportunity at the gift of life as well. I keep so many in my thoughts and prayers. I have seen alot of heartache since I have been coming to the NIH, but I have also seen alot of miracles...
Dr. Rosenburg even stopped into my room the other day to say "hello" (which, I hear, is something that he does quit infrequently!) I'm a lucky one :)
I'm sorry to say, that there won't be alot of pics posted for awhile. I do so have alot of stored photos from my time and stay here; from a sweet sixteen to a tea party to Christmas Carolers, to Amy and her wonderful prescence and sooooo much more from many, I am blessed and grateful.
Clem, please tell you wife that I absolutely LOVE the blanket! I have used it everyday since I got it in the mail. I have loved and adored all gifts that have been bestowed upon me this holiday season. I have such a wonderful bunch of loving family, co-workers, and friends... even internet family!!! :) I couldn't have done all of this without YOU!!!
Keep the faith ~ Love with all your heart and all will be well. If there is one thing that I have truly learned from all of this... it is... that people truly do hold great compassion and love in there hearts for one another.
I can only hope to return the favor ten fold. I am looking forward to a positive outcome from this treatment... and then... I've given great thought about what to do with my life... and one thing is for sure... in some way, shape, or form, I will find a way to give back in life.

Thanks again, to ALL. Love one another and peace be with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,

It's great to read your post, you sound like your doing well. The holidays have been busy but after we left visiting you we went for Bob's scan results. (Bob & Rebecca NIH) He is doing well his tumor in his lung appears to still be shrinking from the IL-2 so we will continue on and follow what NIH says. We think of you often. If you or your family need anything this week, I'm home all week and available just call, really 703-753-3776.

Wishing you home with your family!
Rebecca & Bob.

Anonymous said...

Stopped by your floor this afternoon after my tests were done at NIH. You were out on a PASS! YEAH! I will drop in Tuesday before the 1:00 clinic. Hoping that the information the nurse was able to provide is accurate. I left a note on one of the chairs just inside your door.