Saturday, December 20, 2008

If you could only listen...

oh ~ *sigh* ~ in the middle of the night, while your child, children, spouse, pet, or significant other lye lye less than 10 feet or so away... if you could only awaken yourself enough to listen to the sheer quietness... or the slight patter and rhthym of their heart beat. If you could only take that moment and hold it with you ~ before it enters the realm of long lost forgotten and unheard of composure's; you would find great magic abound.
Countless times I have sat and just watched my daughter lye still; her left arm always untucked from the comfort of her blanketing shield. The face; that baby doll face withthe same exact smalll protruding eyes, ears, and mouth. Skin so delicate and sweet you would swear that it weren't meant to be put on a Gerber's Life Insurance Policy or product.
"O" Oprah!!!! Santa Baby, don't you hurry down that chimmney tonight.

Life is peculiar in a nutshell.

I have serious been blessed by an angel in the heaven above our sky's ~ I have serious been been given many great talents and enchriching family and friends.

I am at this very moment awake in my hospital bed. The room is dancing with Christmas cheer. It brings glee to heart to show and post the kindness and generousity which has touched my spirit.


The mood is not meek, by any means. It is prosperous, desirous, and sweet.


I have endured some of the roughest treatments possible. It has felt like an entire old school rugby team came at me from every which direction ther can me. As many know, I'm a strong, stubborn, brave ass!!!


I have just about lost the majority of my hair ~ today, it was so stringy, that I finally asked my mother to cut it off ~ ear's length. It continues to fall; and I will continue the battle.

I remember way back when... I wrote a post asking whether bald is beautiful : and I am now pleased to inform you, that there is beauty in baldness :) without a doubt!!!

I'm hoping to start feeling well enough to leave the hopital on a day pass next week so that I may either find a wig or two ~ and some electrifying scarves with dangling earrings to boot!!!

Re-invention is fun! It's the mind which won't permitt, which feeds on the frenzy, to degate it's "political~sa"tire".


I have a whrilwind of thoughts ~ that I would like to express... but, let's just take it one step at a time.
Remember ~ The Power of: YOU is the only thing holding and stopping you dead in your tracks.
So, Get up and Re-Vive and Stay Alive!!!




I send all my love ~
(yes, I will still be at the NIH the week of Christmas. As of now ... my immune system is still whiped out; which means...that any little germ... could potentially be fatal)...



Thanks again, for avidly reading!
I send my love, Becky

(ps. I will send photos from here soon)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Becky. The best present for us all will be the posting to tell us you are responding to the treatments. I know we will hear that in a month or so!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky,

What beautifully written words! So filled with love. As a Mom, it touched me deeply with sweet
memories and reminders of those faces.....aaah, those sleeping faces.

All that from you at this time of such a battle. You are, and continue to be, an inspiration. I've been reading and checking your site routinely. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write something to you.

God bless you and yours. You ARE a beautiful woman, and I can only imagine how radiant you will be in your colorful scarfs and big earrings! Besides your physical beauty (and you are!), your beautiful spirit will add that special glow.

Merry Christmas, with wishes that you feel better and better every day to an ultimate success of your treatments.

Warmly,

CarolA