Friday, December 26, 2008

My update!

Hello Everyone!

C'est moi, Becky!!!



I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Unfortunately, it was a bit of a rough one for me, personally ~ I was extremely ill ~
I was supposed to be heading home today ~ but the docs are keeping me another week, until I can get all of the antibiotics in ~ I am having a very difficult time keeping them down by mouth ~ actually ~ it's been hard to keep much down at all ~ something that I've got to work on here this week.
I will be at the NIH for another week ~ yes, another long week. Although, the rough stuff is over!!! Alleliuh. Wow ~ what a treatment is all I can say. Although, the NIH is the best. They are so wonderful here. I don't remember much of the entire event (which, is fine by me!)
As soon as I can get these med's down and all the antibiotics are in... I'll be heading home. I'm ready. I'm really looking forward to getting well ~ the beach is beginning to call me home.
Unfortunatly, my cell phone does NOT work in here, at all. My room phone number is 301-451-2985. I'm in room 2628 on 3NW for one more week. Hopefully, I will be well enough to answer the phone should I be in the room.
I am supposed to try leaving and getting out a bit... to try and see how it goes on my own before I am released.

OK ~ just wanted to briefly update everyone ~ wish them a wonderful holiday season ~ and say Thank you soooo much for all the goodness that has been endowed upon me this season.
The cells are in me! and, I have a correction ~ 60 billion. The MOST that anyone has ever had grown and put back into them (imagine that) those little critters should be causiing great havock on those melanoma cells!!!! keep wishing me well.

Thank you all.
Love, Becky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Becky, 60 billion and not million. So what is a few 00's between cells. :)

Sorry to hear you have to stay longer but it is for the best I am sure. You will be home soon and the beach is pretty cold this time of year anyway.

I'll be in touch!
Julie

Unknown said...

60 billion little pac-men (cancer langoliers, if you are a Stephen King fan) running around inside you on a sole mission to detect and destroy...
Bet you never thought you would hear this?
I want to be just like you!
(and you are whining about staying for another week???)
(please realize I am kidding, and smiling ear to ear!!!)