Tuesday, January 6, 2009

At home... resting...

Hello All!

I'm sorry that it has been awhile since I have posted. After much "deliberation" by the Dr.s at the NIH ~ I was able to come home on New Year's Eve!!! I was soooo Happy :) about that. I made it home with relative ease. It was snowing and amazingly beautiful... looking at all of the wonderful Christmas lights decorated on everyone's homes... it truly was a nice welcome home.
I've not been feeling so well... off and on... but that was to be expected. My immune system will take approximately 6 months to fully get back into order.
I have some amazing friends and family ~ I wouldn't have been able to do this without you.
Right now, the number one priority and goal, is to keep eating... and to eat well. I lost alot of muscle weight, which, apparently isn't a good thing. I've finally begun to eat something other than cheerios and jello!!!
I am hoping to put all of this behind me... I have honestly had quit enough hospitals for now. Although, I am supposed to be going back to my onc for a urine culture... this stint... is causing problems... infections, etc. I'm not sure if it is almost time to change it once again or not... something I need to look into.
It's nice to be home though... so, for now... I am going to enjoy the simplicity of this time. I have jacked my furnace up to 75 degree's and have put on additional heaters... it is now very warm and cozy!!!! (just how I like it)
I hope that all is well with everyone.
I will continue to post ~ as long as I am feeling up to it. Today has been the best I've felt in a long while.
I am keeping all who are fighting in my thoughts (especially Knute ~ who is currently at the NIH doing this treatment)
Take Care my friends ~ and Thank you all... so very much ... for your kindness and concern.
Love,
Becky

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you Becky, I have been worried about you. It must be such a relief to be home again and away from medical treatments. Take it real easy and let your body heal. You made it! I am so proud of you!

A new year with all kinds of new opportunities and chances.

Three years ago today I had my lymph node dissection. Lots of treatments and one recurrence later, but currently NED and hoping to stay that way. You will be that way soon too!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
Glad to see you made it home on New Year's Eve.... Keep eating and get lots of rest..

Angie

Unknown said...

so glad you are HOME again.

the holidays are always rough for me, but, compared to your holidays, not so much...

keep going Becky, you are doing so well!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tina Sullivan said...

Becky,

I am so glad to hear that you are home. I was following your blog throughout your treatment and you are a strong woman. Take it easy these next few months. I know it is difficult to take things slow, but it really is best for our healing bodies.

Happy New Year! I'm sending positive vibes your way for a year filled with joy and good health.

Tina

Jackie said...

I don't know you, but your blog remains a huge pillar of support. Although my husband is the one ill, I find your words inspirational and motivating. May you be blessed with a happy and healthy 2009.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Knute here at the NIH. One more test today, with yet another in the morning Thursday. I will get my central line & commence chemo on Friday. While you are home in the tropical temperatures you mention, eat chocolate!
KK

COTY said...

I've been checking your blog often. It was nice to see you had posted. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Your in my thoughts often.

jimmy_B said...

Hi, you don't know me but I am Melanoma Survivor for almost 2 years. I was a stage IV, but was able to beat back the BEAST using CTLA-4 and IL-2 Therapy which jump started my immune system.

I too am a blogger and the site is

Melanoma Missionary

Please drop by sometime

Jimmy B