Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 16th

I wasn't able to reach Dee last evening, but just talked to her now. Becky is having a rough time, but it isn't unexpected. Lots of nausea and they sedated her this afternoon and she is sleeping. She did the 7 doses of IL2 and finished those on Sunday, so now she is recovering from all the treatments. And those treatments are really rough on your body.

Once her immune system gets up to a certain level, they will let her go home but she will still need to be careful for a while, Dee says it takes about six months before her immune system is back to normal. They don't expect to be able to go home until after Christmas. She should gradually start to feel better though, at least better then she is now!

She has received several blood transfusions and some platelets. Sounds like they are taking good care of her. Hopefully this phase won't last long.

I am sure she will be on here typing away before we know it!

Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do not know me, but you are in my prayers. Keep up the good fight!
God Bless,
Ali Strickler

Unknown said...

Becky
I am pullin' for ya
But you knew that...
Did ya know I am excited as hell for ya!
You, my dear, are going to bust this crap wide open...
Held the little buggers in your hand?
God I envy you...
Stay tough, 'cause morons like me are looking up to you!
WE ARE GONNA WIN!!!