Sunday, December 21, 2008

3 days to go...

It's hard to believe that it is the Monday before Christmas... and all through the house, the stockings were hung, with wishes for all to be well.


I wanted to personally Thank several people... (please excuse me is I miss anyone)



Amy ~ Thank you from the bottom of my heart ~ for your wonderful kindness.. like my mom said "you are a part of the family!" ~ the sweet 16 cookie was a success ~ and I adore the hats and scarves! (whatever you need... whenver you need... we will be here for you too.)
Julie ~ Thank you also ~ for keeping up with my mom and my progress and my blog. You are a doll.
I recieved a wonderful care package from my family and friend at the mpip board/site ~ My picture is posted in my room with all of your names ~ and I am making good use of the warm winter hats!!!!
Kim Deitz ~ Thank you soooo very much for the lovely headbandwrap ! it is something different ! pretty cool, and neat! I've got to get myself some hoop earrings now to wear with it!!! I hope to buy some more after the Holidays!!!!!
Bob, Renee, and Clem ~ once again, I can not Thank you enough for the charitable donations ~ they are a blessing.
Mark Origer ~ I haven't forgotten about you... wow... what an experience. I'll say, it hit me hard ~ like a Mac truck, indeed. yes, indeed; but your care package and donation was so gracious :) Please Thank everyone at your station for me. Everyone loves the Postal Bear ~ he is sitting in my hospital room with all of my letters/cards that have been delievered with a Happy, Holly, Jolly, Santa hat!
To each and everyone of my family members and friends who have been by my side or taken the time to be by my side ~ regardless if I were only sick and sleeping ~ it still means alot to me. As well, to those at home ~ Todd, Thanks for looking after my house (ps... please make sure to keep out all flying bats) ~ inside joke: during my stay in the hospital in October squirells started coming into my home... it was like a wildlife refugee camp... and when you would try to shooo them away... they would fly at you (or so, I was told... pst... personally, I think something fishy might be going on around here!)

Ok ~ enough for one night ~ need to get my rest... long day ahead... ultrasound of the kidneys again... looking for infection of the stint, etc... and hopefully, my counts will be up... I'd like to go find a wig.

Enjoy your day.




ps....Johnny, hey, I tried to leave you a post and send a message... either the chemo has completely whipped me out or I am completely stupid!!! lol... either way, I'm glad to read that you are stable... you are right... stable is good ~ for us. We are still here, living strong, and fighting even stronger!!! I hope that you enjoy your Holiday Season. I am thinking of you :) ...waiting for more of your wonderful stories and pics.

Greg... no, no... I didn't forget you, how could I? never. Tracey either ~ please relay my greetings ~ and Holiday Cheer :)
I wanted to let you know that I am fighting. I am fighting this... with all I have. I hope that you can make the best of your season. Perhaps get in another visit to Canada? Please be sure to let your family know as well, that they are in my thoughts and prayers.



I send my Love,
Becky


~

3 comments:

dtzkm said...

Becky,
So glad you are still fighting, hopefully the fight will get easier as the days go by. Glad you liked the head wrap there will be a beautiful pair of hoop earrings on the way next week.

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Kid!

I will be at NIH next week for a few tests leading (hopefully) to my own treatment. If you are still there Monday or Tuesday, we can sing those Christmas carols!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky;
sounds like we're running on a close schedule. Spring of 2006 for my Melanoma diagnosis. Stage IV in March 2008.
I have tried to call you at NIH on your cell phone but not gotten thru. I get a male's answering machine. I hope things are still going well. I have questions about as the treatment as I might be going that route next year.
Do you know when you will be released?
I had to make an emergency trip to Oklahoma as soon as I finished my IL-2 treatment to help my daughter. Now that we are back, I was planning to go see you this week, but have a head cold and don't want to take any chances with your health.
If I am recovered and you are still there I would like to meet you in person.
I saw where you asked about long term wishes. One of my longest term wishes came about when I was on a troop transport going to and from Europe. The sea was great, but I was so lonely without my wife. I have always wanted to take her on a cruise to play tourist in either Greece or Alaska. Probably never happen now, but it was a dream.
Praying for cell growth and your health.
JerryfromFauq