Monday, October 20, 2008

A post to the Mpip board/community


Posted by Becky at 01:28 on Mon, Oct 20, 2008 [Show other posts by Becky]

I posted this on the mpip site which I have frequented since my dx. It is a site mainly for melanoma patients at stage III/IV ~ however, many other's seek much of the advice. Those who are dx with skin cancer at stage I or II ~ are just as worried and distraught. The website and information saved my life. Although, I have only ever met several people from the board ~ the entire community is bond through great adversity.
I had thought, that perhaps I should share this aspect of my life as well. There is a link on the right side if anyone ever cares to take a peek. All are always welcome. It will help you gain more perspective and insight into the daily stridings we face. Melanoma is a different "beast" in and of itself.
Regardless, my post is heartfelt...
and I have been thinking more and more about how I can help. I've always liked the idea concept of a "retreat" ~ and perhaps this could be my calling. I would love to help other's in need ~ of finding themselves ~ while looking for inner peace.
It's been a journey... indeed.

Before you proceed further ~ I wanted to let you know, that Simone in England is not doing well. He has been told that he has a matter of days. Please, please take a few moments to show that you care and perhaps post a few thoughtful words. His link is to the right as well... easycancerjournal. It is hard to believe... as well, we will keep our thoughts and prayers focused on Gregeory of the mpip board. He is in the hospital and fighting the battle of his life. If you scroll down the posts, you will find an address to the hospital which he is staying at ~ they are throwing him a "card" party! if you could take the time to mail him a beautiful card, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

*******************************************************************************
In Reply to: Re: What does one do?... So many personal thoughts...long. Sorry. by Jim M. posted at 01:19 on Sun, Oct 19, 2008 (my thoughts in response to all the reply's which I recieved on the mpip board):

I feel sooo much better now. It has been a long time since I has disclosed much on this board ~ mainly since my family, friends, and relatives have been an eye with a view.

When I first found mpip~it saved my life...and continues to do so. It is an uplifting and in the same token, sad venue. However, it has nonetheless become my home away from home... to vent and discuss any and all personal issues and matters in relation to my life with melanoma.

I truly appreciate all the honesty and heartfelt stories. We have all been down very different roads and paths, yet, we all have a bond of commoradory.

I would like to let you know, my wonderful news... which has come as a blessing.

I have been informed that I may stay at a mobile home community park throughout the year. It is in a wonderful location ~ and I invite anyone needing or wanting to get away, to come visit.

I will continue to do my treatments at the NIH and come home to Ohio in between times. There truly are some wonderful people in this world.

This news has truly enlightened my spirits. I am more elated and overjoyed than ever. I now feel as though... I have a "greater" purpose/reason to fight harder and longer.

I know that many believe that you must first find peace... "inner"; and, I agree. I have always known from a young age, that I loved the sun and beach ~ that has never changed.

I had read a book about a year ago about taking a 1 year leave from your life... to live by the sea; it is called: a year by the sea. It had "me" written all over it! Perhaps I too, could eventually start a "spiritual" retreat for other's to come... and not just cancer patients... who are facing many obstacles and learning about themselves in the process.

You never know what life may bring. I do know, that God has granted me, my wish. I have always felt and known that he was present.

Recently, one of my older pained windows which are hard to replace broke... but, I am not upset, nor am I willing to fix it at the moment. It is in the perfect symetrical shape of dove. A dove, which signifies a great many things. One of which, is hope.

Ironically enough, the renters of the mobile home live on Hope street and in the city of Hope.

There have been so many uncanny coincidences that it is hard to believe otherwise... that there is truly someone watching over us.

Without a doubt ~ it is ultimatley up to us... in the power of: you to make change. To find your inner happiness and peace.

So, for now, I can only say "Thank YOU" and God-Bless.

Look for your strength in faith and believe in your will ~ will to live ~ for YOU can accomplish great things.

Peace,

Becky

1 comment:

Carver said...

Hi Becky,

It is remarkable the friendships that are forged on the MPIP. They are indeed a blessing. I am so glad you will be able to spend time in FL as you have wanted to. As ever, Carver