Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm finding it harder...

As I sit here... I am in excrutiating pain. Nerve med's and morphine are not even taking the edge off. It is a familiar pain ~ much like what started before the stint was put in... although, this time... it is re-occuring on the same side (right); where the tumour is and on the left as well. I am as well having some blood in my urine ~ and painful disomfort with this stint. I most definately can feel it in me. I have an apt. with the doc who put the stint in tommorrow... so, I will be sure to address all these issues. Although, I have a feeling that I just may be admitting myself to the hospital if the pain doesn't cease. I truly don't understand what could be going wrong and/or why the left side is now re-acting the same.
It seems to be one thing after another... and I fear, I just may not be dealing well with all of this.I don't know how much more I can forego.

I was watching a movie this evening (well, I was trying to anyway...) entitled: Rails & Ties with Kevin Bacon. In the movie, his wife was dying of cancer and all were not dealing well with the illness and on the brink of emotional crisis.
I could see alot of myself in the wife's character. There was a quote by Dylan Thomas which helps sum up alot of the pain:

"Do not go gentle into that good-nite
rage, rage, rage,
against the dying of the light"

it made me think:
"am I dying~ into the night, the abyss that becomes light"...

I have believed that I was dealing well with all of this, but perhaps I have been mistaken... perhaps it is the rage. I do not believe that I fear death any longer... but the pain... and the fear of the unknown... seem to be overbearing for me.
I am trying to stay focused in the "here and now" as Eckart Toole describes in his books, but it is very difficult when the now ~ is in pain.

I believe and feel that I am ready, to go. I have been feeling this way for quit some time ~ and although I know that many do not want to hear me speak this way; I want to let them know... that, it is good. It is good to not be afraid ~ of death or the end.


I wanted to post ~ because I am unsure what will be next and it just may look as though... a hopital visit may once again be calling.
Quick update: I've called the NIH ~ they said without bloodwork and urinalysis ~ they aren't sure what is wrong, the stint could very well be misplaced. I have been advised to take some more morphine and go to the hospital. I am waiting for my mother ~ and then I will go. Something just isn't right... the doc's at the NIH continue to tell me that I don't have to live with all this pain...
so, hopefully, it's off the good drugs! (lol... IV morphine ~ the best :) )
Anyway, if you don't hear from me, once again for a bit... you'll know why.
Be Well.
Becky

4 comments:

Amy Waldrop said...

Becky,

I'm glad you are going to the ER. If you need to talk, give me a call. I've emailed you my number.

Stay strong and don't give up.

Best,
Amy
(your Virginia friend)

Tracy said...

Becky focus on one good thing when it gets hard like this, I know that's so much easier said that done, but you're a fighter, even when you're too tired to fight. Don't let the pain pull you in, without a doubt one of the hardest things I'm sure there is to do. It's OK to be afraid, this is the unknown here now, but in the midst of it know there are things still the same. That you're a fighter, and that you're so very loved.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there kiddo. We all know you arent gonna give in. Keep fighting. Your friends are there for you.

Unknown said...

my thoughts are with you.

hoping the doctors can help you with your pain management.