Sunday, October 19, 2008

I hope that everyone is having a good sunday afternoon ~ and your weekend is going well.
I wanted to briefly post to let you know ~ all is relatively well. I am having once again, an extreme abmount of pain in my right back. The morphine and nerve medicine is just slightly taking the edge off. I'm not sure what the cause.
I do have an apt. with the Dr. who put the stint in on Tues. I will be sure to ask alot of questions. It is very discomforting at times, to say the least.
In the meanwhile... I am having dreams about my cells growing in the multitude of mass. I have a good feeling that they are! Anxieties, though, continue to grow as well.
Just trying to "mentally" prepare myself for the road ahead. Part of me just wants to get it over with... and the other part... just doesn't even want it to begin.
I think that I'm starting to come around to the idea and concept of "wigs"... thanks to my recent change. It is kind of fun. To be able to be different. I know that hair doesn't make you who you are... or define your characteristic...
I have been learning from each and every experience throughout this experience with cancer.
What I have found, is that the generousity of human's is truly a wonderful blessing. It is inspirational and touching. It's uplifting and heartwarming.
I know that when many of us do things for other's... we do them simply out of the kindness and generousity of our hearts... we don't think about it... we just do it. We don't look ahead... at the possiblitity of the grandeur affects that it could have.
This is true kindness. Without a doubt.
You have the power ~ to simply touch a life ~ regardless if it is with words of wisdom or random acts of kindness. I often wish that I weren't on the recieving end ~ of cancer. I wish that I could be the caregiver. The one... giving. It always seemed so much easier..
I'm sure that "watching" ~ isn't the easiest ~ however, giving... of your heart ~ is.

2 comments:

Tina Sullivan said...

Hi Becky,

My name is Tina and I just recently found your blog. I too have stage 4 melanoma. I think about you all the time and will continue to keep you in my prayers. You have a great spirit and your story is an inspirational one. I will continue to follow your story. Stay strong and I too will pray for cells to grow.

Tina Sullivan

Unknown said...

questions are good. keep asking them.

i'm so happy that more and more peeps are reading your blog, and getting to know YOU.

you are in my thoughts, as always, on the end of a long Sunday, or, the beginning of a long Monday.