Friday, November 21, 2008

Head Wraps and Jewels

I wasn't even sure that I was going to post today ~ Over the course of the past several days, I have had alot on my mind ~ and my subconsious is not make matters any better for that matter! I feel as though I am carrying a small tumour baby around with me ~ it's crazy. It's such an odd feeling. I am having alot of pressure ~ much similiar to when you are carrying a baby who is laying on your bladder, numbness, and varying pain.
I have been trying to keep myself as relaxed as possible and as stress free as possible. Yes, I have been running from stress for the past several months. I do not have the time or energy to allow my mind or body to dwell on and subcomb to potential dangers.
Overall, I believe that I have been making alot of improvements ~ for the good, naturally, in my life. I have been reading how stress and your environment can seriously effect your body and its ability to fight off disease and illness. I have also read that meditation can help clear the mind and "de-toxify" the body.
Without a doubt, I am in a much better place ~ locality, spiritually, mentally, physically, and psychologically, speaking. I feel alive and well. It is a great feeling.
I am trying not to let the thoughts of next week creep up upon me. It seems as though my senses and emotions are extremely hightened at this time. Some of the littlest and simpliest things cause tears to swell.
I am doing my best to think about the "here and now" ~ my sister made a great point; that December is not here yet, to enjoy what I have now ~ to live in the moment ~ not two weeks away.
I was watching Oprah the other day and she had a show on about women and beauty around the world. I really enjoyed the piece about the women and men who shaved their heads and offered their hair to the gods, it was considered a great honor. I as well, really liked many of the colorful wraps that the Eastern women wore around their heads and the jewels in the middle of the forehead.
I honestly think, that I may try to look into this. In all honesty, their faces looked beautiful. I would love to get some of the wonderful colorful head wraps and jewels ~ if anyone has any suggestions or knows anyone who may be able to help, I would greatly appreciate the gesture.
I keep asking God to give me the strength to make it through this treatment. As well, I ask that this treatment give me hope. If the treatment does not work, there is very little beyond that that can be done ~ I was told that surgeries may be an option ~ but only as a means to help cut out some of the growth of the tumour. As well, there may be other treatment options to try ~ but overall, this is the only one with the greatest chance/s of working.
Regardless of the outcome ~ I am forever grateful for the lessons that I have been learning in my life and the experiences that I have been granted. They have been lifesavers.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

do you like something like this:

http://www.bouve.com/

Let me know.

strngr@live.com

Miss Melanoma said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and always filling my heart with hope. Thanks for writing and being you. :)

-MM

Bolder said...

i was talking about my father to you. you are an inspiration to many, and i continue to appreciate you more, and more, each day.

as always, you are in my thoughts.

Tina Sullivan said...

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I do hope that you find the peace to enjoy all of the moments that you will share with your family and friends this next week and during the holiday. You deserve this and so much more. Thanks for being the inspiration that you are.

Tina

Amy Waldrop said...

Hi Becky,

I think your sister has some good advice. Live in the moment if you can!

You are in my prayers every day! I'll give you a call this week. I hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to seeing you in December. I will absolutely help you keep your site updated and I do have a camera and will take all the shots you need me to and I'll be there as often as you need me (and your Mom too)!

Also, if you need me on "wig day" I'd be happy to take you out for that. I actually know of a great wig shop.

I think the NIH pass would be a great idea!

Love,
Amy