Thursday, November 20, 2008

Spirit Flys...

This was the exerpt from a piece that I just posted on the Mpip family bulletin and post. Someone named Santa had asked me if it would be alright to send small gifts or flowers to the NIH during Christmas ~ and many ohthers wished me well while mentioning that I had great spirit.


Hello all my wonderful Mpip family and friends!!!




I am gearing up to kick melanoma's ass!!!

This is for all our past warriors ~ angels in the heaven and sky. They have given me unwavering strength and courage to fight on ~ I take with me the spirit that flys high from above from all your lost loves ~ I plan on fighting this damn beast ~ and winning in their honour!
For Becca especially ~ this time will remind me of our Il-2 experience at the NIH and the cheers that you all gave "the IL-2 Queens" ~ I will never forget.

PS
Dear Santa ~
Remember how exciting it was to write your letter to Santa when you were a young kid? The sheer anticipation of his arrival with your gifts, left under the Christmas tree to be open by your avail and surprise?
What a glorious time in life. Childlike dreams of a man who brought cheer and joy to a season filled with laughter and love.
Even though I am now an older adult the child within me still screams to write to Santa. My letter to Santa this year will not be to yield presents of fine galoure.
What I ask this year from Santa ~ is for an understanding of peace. For my family to realize that as I struggle throughout these years for my life and time that solace has filled the air.
I would love nothing more than for my family to deeply understand and appreciate the grandeur picture; that it is not always the fight that counts.
It is the grattitude that I have towards them for helping me ~ helping me to pull myself through many difficult days, months, and weeks. For all of the struggles that I have overcome ~ I could not have done it without you.
Even though, many times ~ you may not feel or see the love or appreciation ~ it is unconditionally there.
I would like Santa's gift to be that of one of peace ~ to be brought to my family ~ regardless of the outcome of this upcoming procedure.
I know that in many ways ~ these years have been tough on many in so many different ways ~ but I need everyone to know ~ that the part that you played ~ has made a significant difference.
Naturally, my attitude and emotions have been severely affected by the onsight of all the drama that comes along with batttling a fight agains cancer. It is a beast ~ sent out to destroy.
My letter to Santa merely asks for knowledge of comfort. Of course, I would be lying if I didn't mention that I would like Santa to give me strong battling melanoma warrior cells!!! (go kick ass!!!) Santa,
Give me the finest ass kickin' battling melanoma war battling anti cancer fighting cells ~ the best of the best ~ let's hit them with our best shot ~ our very own artilerary!!!
Let's all learn to appreciate that the part that we played in the battle was of great significance. Everyone ~ and I do mean everyone ~ played a role in helping me gain the wisdom, experience, knowledge, courage, and spirit to look cancer straight on... and say: "go ahead an take me" ~ you don't scare me. I believe that looking straight at death ~ and learning not to be afraid of it ~ has been the best thing that has come of this journey. It has forever changed my life and perspective on life.
So Santa ~ gather all of your flying spirits and give me their sheer strength, determination, and will.

PS ~
HO! HO! HO! I almost forgot to mention!!! Absolutely!!! Feel free to send anything that you would like to the NIH ~ if I am unable to have it in the room during my chemo I will just have my mom take it to her room or have the nurses put it on the station desk until I am able to put it in my room.
Basically, I was told that there shouldn't be a problem and that I may even put a tree in my room if I would like. I truly hope to have my room decorated for Christmas... it would make it seem that much for cheerful, joyful, and spirited!!!

No comments: