Saturday, November 1, 2008

Enjoying Life...






A great friend of mine, someone who is near and dear, helped make this weekend very special for me. The weather was delightful ~ just enough so, to go out. I was taken shopping and to my absolute all time favorite Italian Restaraunt, Carrabba's.
To say that I have a love for their food, would be a complete understatement. With each bite there is sheer exquisite joy. "There is no loe more sincere than the love of food". It temps my taste pallate and invites a spectacular flare to the tongue.
I have always been a pasta, meat, and potato lover. Carrabba's takes it several steps beyond. While sitting at the bar, where you can watch them cook an amazing amount of food on a friday or saturday evening, you can't help but be intrigued. I've visited often enough, and become quit the regular that I recieve many free samples of food to tempt my buds. The manager came to say "hello" and wondered where I had been. The situation was briefly explained and it was with great and deep understanding that he compted the next dinning experience. I will, without a doubt, be looking forward to that!
My all time favorites at Carrabba's are the oil and spice's for the bread, the taglarini, the cavatappi, the garlic mashed potato, and the sirlon marsala with extra sauce. Then, to top it off, for desert, I order the vanilla ice-cream with hot fudge and the baked cinnamon pecans.
Usually, I would have a caraffee of wine with my meal. However, at this time, I stuck with water and ice tea.
The food was divine. The leftovers were that much better. It set the beautiful weekend in perpetual motion. I am once again... enjoying life... and Living.
You can not believe how extremely appreciative I have now become of some of the simpliest pleasures. To truly, fully engage in the ultimate pleasure of food... is love.
I hope that you and do, take the time, to enjoy some of the more simplier things in your life... that perhaps you usually have taken for granted. I know I have. I frequented Carrabba's weekly at one point in my life, pre-cancer. This weekend, however, it was no longer, a luxury, that once took for granted...
Such simple joy... in learning to live.
So, next time, you find yourself... doing whatever it is, that you love... take a few moments, to reflect upon the blessing that has been bestowed.
Have a wonderful Monday, my friends! :)

1 comment:

NancyGM said...

Becky, You e-mailed me last summer after reading my comment on MPIP off- topic. Your compassion really helped me and I am feeling much stronger now.I am so sorry things have been so difficult... so happy for you that you got to enjoy a lovely meal out last night!!! I am sending you big hugs.