Friday, August 8, 2008

Reminiscing...



I know that this is a photo that I once posted before; what seems like such a long, long time ago. It was taken after I first watched Kris Carr's movie: Crazysexycancer. It was also during a time when I was corresponding with Becca from mpip.(Melanoma patients information board) We were corresponding alot, trying to decided wether or not, we such both do the IL-2 treatments. We were both nervous, scared, and unsure. With alot of input and insight; we both seperately, yet simotaneously decided to do the treatment. We coordinated with our research nurse at the NIH (National Cancer Institute) so that we could start at about the relatively same time. We were both at stage III at that time.
While sending e-mails back and forth to one another; I made a greeting card with a picture of the movie cover. I simply put: "This is our Life".
The cover is a represenative picture of Chris with her opens open wide ~
It had great significance to me ~ it was our life. It was the journey that we were about to experience and share.
Becca gave me great strength, as did Peter. They will both forever be missed. Becca was doing her IL-2 treatments across the hall from me, while Peter was doing his TIL treatment behind my room.
In random moments; we had glimpses of one another, in a passing of time, that felt so surreal. It was unlike any other experience ever. The halls of 3NW at the NIH will never be the same again, for me.
Time, will carry on. I am sure to meet many other's in my course and path with treatment life ~ but, one thing is for sure ~ it will never be quit the same. They were, and continue to be, my shinning stars.
I miss them both. Dearly.

2 comments:

Bolder said...

gone but not forgotten...

wannabe_doctor said...

Bless you and your family.