Saturday, August 2, 2008

WELCOME!



HELLO!!! WELCOME!!!
My name is Becky!!! I'm the gal in the photo on the far left. Next to me is my cousin Beth, then my aunt Maryann, and on the far right hand side, my one and only daughter, Jennifer! We were out for an ice-cream social!!!
As many of my reader's are aware, I am spending some time with my family and for all of you who are new ~ this post is for YOU!
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!
To all of the Team members, family, and friends of team Evotri ~ Thank-YOU! I hope that your recent triatholon was a great personal success and triumph! To all of the coast to coast postal employeess ~ Thank-YOU for taking an interest and the time to visit my site. To all other's ~ by any other means of finding of my site ~ I Thank-YOU as well ~
I am besides myself this week. Not only am I getting to spend some precious time with my family and daughter, but I am as well; inadvertantly reaching out to help raise and awareness about Melanoma.
June 2008 my extraordinary friends and co-worker's alike held a "Benefit for Becky" to help raise funds to offset my finances. It was a wonderful success and can be viewed if you scroll through the archives. Needless to say, at this time, a writer for the United States Postal Service did a relatively small piece on the event. I am now thrilled to inform all, that it has gone Nationwide. From coast to coast; east to west; Canada to Mexico!
Not only is an Awareness for Melanoma being raised through this venue, but as well, through the website of two truly amazing individual's sights. Greg at write2fight, and Tracy of throughth3wall.
I will continue to post with pride, determination, sheer strenght, and delight!
I welcome your thoughts, comments, suggestions, questions, prose, photo's, and random jiberish alike!
This site is for ALL. Not just for those affect or afflicted by cancer. The Power of: YOU taps into the best of all.
*******************************************************
A few important messages and reminders:
"it's not just skin cancer. It is Melanoma. It is a deadly form of cancer."
PLEASE help educate yourself and other's about the importance of staying safe in the sun.
I look forward to hearing from YOU and I hope that you continue to enjoy the posts!

"journaling is an inexpensive way to give yourself therapy". Kris Carr

LIVESTRONG ~ Lance Armstrong

1 comment:

Carver said...

Dear Becky,

Great to hear that you are able to spend time with your family. You efforts to raise melanoma awareness are much appreciated. As ever, Carver