Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Alive



Just stopping in to say "hello"! I just wanted to say "I love you all..." ~ yes, each and everyone of you, my reader's! YOU give me, a great sense of satisfication! I have always had a passion for wrighting ~ and someone recently made a statement that hit home. It was brought to my attention that I don't always post everyday ~ and that often I loose the interest of my reader's when I don't keep up. An analogy was made; similar to that of a newspaper article ~ where as, you look forward and/or begin to expect the column or post for your pleasurable read.
I'm honored that many follow my posts. I will TRY... mind you, the word is try...to do my best an submit some form of gibberish, each day. It's often hard. Especially, after test results and various other "human" factors. I often find myself at a loss for words... or, graver yet... I fear ~ you would be reading the "stormier" side of my emotions and thoughts.
Should I put it all out there? That has been the unaswered question. It's a toss up. Many don't want to honestly hear, the truth. Not, that I try to "sugar-coat" it... but some disgression is advised. I read somewhere recently, that a book about Cancer wouldn't be a top seller if it were too morbid in nature. Makes sense...sure. True, but I often wonder if the newly diagnosed cancer patient would be better equipted and well-informed.
I met a wonderful young woman, in the lavoratory of a building recently. I couldn't help but notice that she had a shaved head and a Livestrong bracelet on. She was also talking to someone about the reason why she shaved all her hair off. It was a completely motivating and touching story.
Her grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and was going through chemo. On about the third day of treatment (which is when you begin to loose all your hair) she had lost all of her hair and was devasted and cryed for days. The young lady wanted to do something to show her grandmother how much she really cared. So, she happily shaved her head too. She told her grandmother that she couldn't let her go through this alone and that if anyone had anything to say to her about her baldness, she wouldn't care anyway.
The Power of: YOU is alive. Alive and well. A random stranger ~ doing a far greater deed than is neceassary or asked. We chatted a bit and yet, another person in passing joined our conversation: her words of advice: "Just Talk". That's it. "Just Talk". Find somebody to talk to.
As I was driving along, I read a sign that stated: "A listening ear will never get in trouble".
Simple and Sweet.
God Bless YOU all!!! Take care of yourselves and each other!

1 comment:

Bolder said...

love that photo!

you look like you are in snow.

then

you think it's sand...

but, then you figure out why you are smiling...

thanks for sharing!!