Sunday, April 6, 2008

Taking time to appreciate the simplier things in life...

Sunday Morning-

What a beautiful way to start the day! An act of nature at my front doorstep. So close, yet, so far away.

-as stated by the Tao: "seek the joy in your activities rather than focusing on ego's agenda"

I found it amazing that this squirrel came so close to me. He was scared, yet willing to take bread from my hand; with pre-caution, of course. We were both timid, yet, we both sensed pure satisfication from the act of giving and taking.
To me, these are the things that count the most. True acts of compassion.

Lao-Tzu advises us to be careful about amassing greath wealth and storing it away. It contributes to a life spent keeping our fortune safe and insured, while at the same time always feeling the need to pursue more. He counsels us to be satisfied fostering living with humility.

Living Life, is an empowerment that WE have been given.

No comments: