Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Live each day, and not merely exist"



It's the start of a new day. Yesterday, is behind me now. I woke up thinking, what a beautiful day. The sun is out, shinning, and spring season is upon us. So, I went outside to take some of my first pictures of the season. My daffodils are in bloom. No matter how hard I tried to get that perfect picture, bright and crisp, alive and full of color; I just couldn't. My camera and eye, wouldn't focus. I had thought about this, much like, my contemplation of deleting yesterday's blog entry; then, I realized, why should I? It is part of life, and at times, it is the "cloud" permeating over our head, that brings upon the brightness and clarity that we so much strive to obtain. I took a look at my pictures of the daffodils, and I noticed, in the background, how the light hit the smallest of buds. What a beautiful sight. Bright yellow, with illuminous light radiating. It stood out. It was not what was in the forground, but, the background. So, I thought, perhaps, this was meant to be. Perhaps it is the "background" of life that shines through our days. I have not been very happy with the "foreground"; of my life, yet, I am happiest when I think and believe in the dream. Joan Anderson states: "start by identifying a dream, a passion, or a spiritual goal" and that "Nothing is worth more than working toward something of value." A dream helps give us something to look forward to. I had lost my way. I had had given in, and subcumed to failure for the day. The dream will always lye. It's what we do, to obtain that dream. So, perhaps, now, is not the right time, for my dream to come true. But, the light of that dream will always shine through! I know that there will be better days. So, too, to say to many of you; look beyond the day. See your hope and ray of light. It will always hold true.

1 comment:

Carver said...

Good insights in this post and I think your daffodils look beautiful.