Friday, June 13, 2008

HOPE


This was my first attendance at an American Cancer Society Relay for Life. I was completely touched and moved by the experience. I was unable to walk in the Relay due to my recent surgery. I did however, get a wheelchair ride around the track! It was amazing. It was inspirational and yet, it was saddening.
The illumination of the memorial bags was a reflection for many, of Lives lost to Cancer. It was heartwarming to watch as many stopped to pay their respects. I Hope, that a Cure will be found. I Hope and pray, that the Live's that Cancer has touched bring about a greater sense of purpose.
I met alot of wonderful people, whose lives have been affected by a Cancer diagnosis. Yet, there was so much hopefullness. I met many who had, and continue to; Fight for their Live's. I admire the strength, will, and sheer determination that all Survivors share. Their stories are true stories of courage.
*******************************************************************************
~In Rememberance of a Dear Friend~
*******************************************************************************
I had hoped that you would see another day
I had hoped that Cancer would not take you away
I had hoped that you would still be
Fighting, right alongside of me
I had prayed that you could still be
here on Earth, beside of me
I had prayed that they would say
Cancer is Cured
and your alive today.

2 comments:

SimplyStu said...

We have our Relay next weekend. It is always an incredible time! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful tribute to Becca, Becky. I saw it on the MPIP board, but really liked seeing it here as well.

Hope you find a way to make the bucketlist dream come true!