Saturday, June 28, 2008

Footprints



There have been so many outside influences of inspiration within in my life.
Many have asked and continue to ask me: how do you stay so positive and upbeat? and my first initial response is usually, "I am realistic, yet optimistic". I find great comfort in so many outside influences. People, Places, Music, Poetry, Photography, Family and Friends.
I have found peace within myself through reflections of a variety of media. The quote: "What Cancer can not do", the poem: "Footprints", and the song: "Live like you were dying"; are but a few.
I derive much of my happiness through the kind generousity of others. "To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart".
We, as human beings, can and do make significant differences in the lives of others.
I was recently e-mailed a story about human compassion and unconditional acceptance and love. Within this story, I found a new inspiration of quote: "many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends wil leave footprints on your heart".
********************************************************************************
Walk alongside someone,
through thick and thin;
carry one another
with outstanding grace.
For, momentarily;
inspiration awaits.
*******************************************************************************
FOOTPRINTS
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord
many scenes from my life walked across the sky
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand
Sometimes, there were two sets of footprints'
other times, there were one set of footprints
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So, I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But, I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied
"the times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."

No comments: