Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Message from Jennifer again

Its been almost 2 months since my mothers death and its not getting any easier. A very good friend of my mothers told me that updating every once in awhile about some of the many things about my mother would be a good idea. I agree with him. Theres so many things about her that I will never forget. Her favorite ride at Cedar point-Millenium force. Her favorite ice cream- napolean. Her favorite scent- vanilla bean noel. She loved taking pictures. I cant tell you how many pictures I have that she took. Her camera only holds many more and her laptop. She loved animals. Mainly dogs but she knew I loved cats so we always had both in our house. Her 2 favorite dogs were chewy and chewrella. She loved them very much. She loved to watch movies and have pj parties with me. We would get popcorn and candy and stay up all night. Christmas time was her favorite season. All the decorations and presents filled her heart with joy. I know her favorite part of christmas was when I was little seeing my face when I saw all the presents under the chrismas tree. She was always so excited just like me. We would spend hours decorating the house. One time we made a string of popcorn for the tree. We were throwing the popcorn at each other instead. Then she has a brilliant idea to put popcorn on the celling fan and watch popcorn fly. I loved those times. She was laughing and living her life to the fullest. Ill post again some time soon with more facts about my mother. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I have pictures of your mom from my wedding (in 2000). I would love to make you copies, so you could have them. I can only remember good memories of your mom. SHe always seemed to be smiling whenever I seen her. She was always fun to be around. If you Email me your address, I could mail them to you. I would really like you to have them.
Sincerely,
Christine
mushroom214@ hotmail.com

Carver said...

Hi Jennifer,

I knew your mother through the MPIP (online melanoma support group) and her blog was in my feed reader so I saw that a new post was on it. I know this must be a very hard time for you and I think posting your memories is a very positive way to deal with your grief. I am so sorry for your loss, Carver

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Time will help ease the pain, but the memory of your mom will live on forever.
I never had the pleasure of meeting your mom, but we did email each other a few times and I spoke with her on the phone a few times. We had several things in common. We both worked for the postal service. I am a postmaster in Wisconsin. We both were melanoma patients at the NCI in Bethesda. I was fortunate, and I responded to the treatment. Hopefully, someday the NCI will use the research results from bothof us and prduce a cure for all melanoma patients.
Be strong. You know that is what your mom would want.
Sincerely,

Mark Origer
moriger@yahoo.com

renee said...

Jenny,i hope u find strength in writing about your mom..we all feel her power by reading this thru you.We know what love your mother had for u and i know she is so proud to see u reaching out!I think of your mom everyday and the life lessons she taught me!I look forward to reading more memories of your wonderful mother!Renee Twitty (friend/co-worker from n hill)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I met you and your Mom briefly at NIH last year when I was getting IL2 treatment. You both came in my room for a few minutes. Not sure if you remember me.
My wife and I were very sorry to hear about your Mom. I only met her a couple times, but could tell that she is a real special person.
Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bob & Rebecca Ciccone
bciccone@comcast.net