Sunday, February 8, 2009

Update on Becky

Sorry, it is me again, Julie. Thought you all might want an update. Better from Becky, but I am all you have at the moment!

I continue to check Becky's website daily myself and finally wrote to her mom and got an update. She asked me to post on the MPIP, but thought I would put this one here.

Last Sunday Becky started having some extreme abdominal pain, turned out she has some kidney stones. Those can be so painful. Anyway she was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday and they have changed the stents and zapped the kidney stones. She is currently not having pain in her kidneys but is on an antibiotic because of the stent and this is making her nauseous, so she is still in the hospital at the time being.

She was suppose to go back to NIH two weeks ago for scans, but that coincided with the big snowstorm and Becky didn't feel up to sitting in airports with her reduced immune system. This past week she was in the hospital and couldn't go. NIH is anxious for her to get back for scans to see how things are doing. We are all anxious to hear some good news from Becky!

Julie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. I have been checking her postings daily was was becoming very concerned. Let us all hope that she will make it to the NIH soon and receive good news.

Unknown said...

thank you for the update.

thoughts for Becky as always.

Amy Waldrop said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I think about Becky all the time and she is in my prayers. I'm hoping to see her when she comes back to the NIH.

Amy W

Unknown said...

OOOOOWWWWWWIIIIEEEEEE
I have had kidney stones...
Thank you for the update. I was getting concerned too