Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Apology



Apology
my words ride against the tides
of time,
as ocean divine;
which will forever chime.
My sincerity shells;
clammed and pale,
with each grain of sand;
on my hand,
apology
stands.



Many of us have dreams; dreams that we have often thought of, since childhood. I have known for the longest of years that my dream was to live by the sea in a nice house full of glass windows overlooking the ocean while I wrote and published a novel. This will always be my dream. I have come to learn, throughout the course of the past two years, that Cancer has been a blessing. A blessing in disguise. I have let go of many inhibitions. I have once again, begun to dream the dreamer's dream!
I have sought out many peaceful venues. The greatest of all came, on the day that I stumbled upon a beautiful spot by the sea. It was unihibited; much like my new turning point in life. I had let caution to the wind! I was now, as these flock of birds...standing against the winds, and tides of time!
I've had a rough time dealing with my cancer diagnosis. The thought of inevitable death. I have unintentially pushed many loved ones away. So, here, on this particular day... I apologized.
I came to peace and one with the world, nature, and cancer. I am now free, to explore my childhood dreams.
I submitted my poetic prose, and with great pleasure, Apology; will be immortalized in verse!
I am truly delighted and excited.
I am beginning to follow my dreams.
Cancer has freed me; so to speak. It has opened and raised my awareness of Life, and the potentials therein, to new and greater heights.
The Power of You! is what is found within YOU! deep within your soul and spirit, lies the child that awakens.
~Live your dreams.

3 comments:

Bolder said...

i love the sea too Becky.

and, your poem is beautiful...

Carver said...

Beautiful post Becky just like you. Sending a bunch of good thoughts out for you.

Lindy said...

Hi Becky ,Hold to your dreams with all your heart ! My friend Bolder directed me here. I love your dream of having a house by the sea ,I have always wanted that too and also to write and paint.. I will be praying for you,you have a beautiful spirit!!!